Sunday, January 3, 2010

I love paint colors

Happy New Year.  My goal for this year is to get this house whipped into decorated bliss.  I have selected four or five coordinating colors for my kitchen, family room and laundry room.  I am so excited...I can hardly wait.  I went out and bought sampler colors. i tend to favor darker colors, even though the current trend is ore subtle.   I created a "vision board" of colors on my wall.   After weeks of tearing out the old tile in the kitchen and living on particle board, the new tiles are scheduled to arrive the week of January 4.  We're busy painting the trim and walls of the kitchen and laundry room before that date.  As soon as I can figure out how to load pictures from my new camera, I'll give a tour of the existing rooms.  I was inspired by a picture of a sideboard and mirror from Pottery Barn.  I will just take off the top half of my hutch, replace the hardware and purchase a mirror to recreate the look.  I'm getting a little overexcited about updating everything,  so I'm contemplating painting the table and kitchen island a rich brown.  Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment