Saturday, January 9, 2010

A couple of steps closer

I am obsessed with HGTV shows, and I browse the internet all the time for ideas.  Somehow, those shows don't accurately depict the decorating adventures of this crazy old house.  Friday night, after a long week at work, we stopped to buy the paint for the island so that I could get a first coat of paint finished before the morning (such a wild Friday night life I lead!).  The tiles have arrived. The pressure is on to finish up the painting so that installation of the floor can begin. We arrived home around 7 p.m.  Having kids in the house means dinner still has to occur.  Mission accomplished...almost.  Just as I was stirring the paint, Emily, our 13-year-old daughter (who loves her special education class and Chance to Dance class), slipped on the steps going down to the family room, tossing taco salad everywhere.  Yep, pretty sure the HGTV shows don't cover this topic.

Finally, around 8 p.m. I was able to get started on the the first coat of paint on the island.

 
Began the second coat at 7:30 a.m.  this morning.  Finished up before noon.  I had to take a small craft brush to go around the edging by the countertop.  Took quite a bit of time and a steady hand.Lauren brought the tile in and began laying down the under flooring.  (Not a popular wife -- I opted to continue working instead of going on date night..oops!  Oh well, MSU game on...that makes everything better, unless they lose). 

Yeah, I'm really thinking about contacting HGTV for a reality series.  A day in the life...

Yvette

No comments:

Post a Comment